Friday, December 24, 2010

Date Nights

My dear hubby and I have dreamed of having regular date nights for a long time, but living in the expensive DC area with no family and, breastfeeding and being worn out by 2 children under 4 made our dream a bit unattainable. Now that we've replanted ourselves in the DR, we have been able to go out on dates about once a week. I always heard and read it was really important to have couple time, but I can really feel the difference it makes in our relationship with each other and our darling children. Fortunately for us, Santo Domingo is rich in things to do so since we started going out a couple of months ago, we've managed to go to this great restaurant/lounge called Cafe Pompeiano and dance to a live merengue/salsa band's music twice, the movies to see Salt, Piranhas (not recommended but it was late and nothing else was showing), Ania Paz' Jazz series concert (the music was good but I was exhausted and fell into a deep sleep), and Hooter's (I know I would never go there on a normal day but all the movies already started and the traffic was terrible so we stayed put).

No comments:

Post a Comment