Happy New Year! During my first walk of the year, I started thinking about how important it is for me to recognize the good in everything. I decided to keep a running list of things to appreciate here in the Dominican Republic, so I will update this post at least once a week so I can document all the positive and focus my energy likewise.
1. I love that there are trees everywhere in my neighborhood.
2. I appreciate the beautiful orchids in many of my neighbors' gardens.
3. I'm thankful that I can take daily walks to and around the park near our home and feel safe doing it.
4. I love that the kids can go outside to play almost every day of the year.
5. I like that bachata, salsa, and merengue can be heard in the streets for no special reason.
6. I love that people will dance anywhere with few, if any inhibitions.
7. I love that the city has free performances every Saturday night in the Plaza de España.
8. I appreciate that tourism police and national police are always present in abundance where there will be lots of families or people gathering.
9. The Aquarium is FABULOUS! It is beautifully designed with space to have picnics outside and walk along the blue-green sea. There is a playground for kids and the bathrooms are decent. Fantastic place for a family outing.
10. Hemingway beach - clean water, nice sand, not too much riff-raff, beautiful view, and the kids LOVE it.
11. Plaza de España - The free performances and the open space.
12. El Centro de Cultura de España and all that it offers. My son just completed a free, 3-day art workshop last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment